AMFA enhances industry growth by facilitating educational opportunities, workforce development programs and networking events throughout the region and our communities.
2021 Annual report
Download the 2021 AMFA Snapshot covering activities and events in 2021.
- Arrowhead Manufacturers and Fabricators Association (AMFA) serves the Duluth/Superior and Arrowhead regions of Minnesota and Wisconsin.
- AMFA offers four categories of membership including manufacturers, distributors/suppliers, professional services, and K-12 education.
- Membership meetings are held on the second Wednesday of each month (excluding summer months), held virtually or in-person, with locations rotating between Duluth and the Iron Range. Both types of meetings feature speakers on topics of interest to manufacturers, while the in-person meetings typically include a manufacturing plant tour, and a chance to network with industry peers.
- See Events for upcoming meetings and events.
- The association produces a quarterly newsletter, Shoptalk.
AMFA was formed in 1997 by a grass-roots effort led by a handful of area entrepreneurs who felt the manufacturing industry would benefit from an organized effort to provide networking opportunities, local training and education offerings, joint marketing efforts, group buying, a legislative voice, and more. The founding membership of 11 companies has grown to more than 100 companies today. Read more.
AMFA, working in conjunction with Tri-State Manufacturers’ Association, launched the Midwest Manufacturers’ Association in 2001. Located in Elbow Lake, MN, MMA is a “central office” that provides services, programs and staffing to manufacturing trade associations. Members have particularly benefited from the Employer Health Plans and the other MBiz Solutions.