Tri-State Manufacturers Association assists manufacturing related companies by providing advocacy, education, networking, and programs to enhance the success of members and their communities.
- Tri-State Manufacturers Association is committed to developing people and companies by providing opportunities for members to acquire industry relevant knowledge or skills.
- Integrity and trust are guiding principles for Tri-State Manufacturers Association.
- Tri-State Manufacturers Association believes that open, accurate and timely communication is important to accomplishing its mission.
- Tri-State Manufacturers Association serves the manufacturing community in west central Minnesota and eastern North Dakota and South Dakota.
- TSMA offers several categories of membership including manufacturers, distributors/suppliers, professional services, government, and K-12 education.
- Meetings are held on the first Tuesday of the month in Alexandria, Fergus Falls, Detroit Lakes, Wahpeton, or other nearby communities.
- Meetings are either held virtually or in-person, featuring a brief business meeting and a speaker on a topic of interest to manufacturers. In-person meetings typically include informal networking, a manufacturing plant tour, and a meal.
- See Events for upcoming meetings and events.
Founded in 1990, TSMA is a membership organization serving manufacturers in west central Minnesota and eastern North Dakota and South Dakota. The association was formed through a grass-roots effort of area manufacturers wanting to accomplish more as a cohesive group than they could as individual companies. Membership has grown to include 170 companies.
- TSMA’s manufacturing members are small companies, ranging in size from the one-man shop to a handful that have more than 200 employees.
- TSMA’s manufacturing members are primarily involved in metal manufacturing, with plastics, textiles, woods and foods also represented. The majority are contract manufacturers, along with some OEM members.
- TSMA also encourages membership from associate members – those who provide supplies or professional services to manufacturers.
- In 2017, members gained access to Employer Health Plans, a program that gives companies with 5 or more employees access to a customized health insurance plan.
Located in Elbow Lake, MN, Midwest Manufacturers Association is a “central office” that provides services, programs and staffing to manufacturing trade associations. Members have particularly benefited from Employer Health Plans and the other MBiz Solutions.
TSMA members enjoy a reciprocity agreement with AMFA and CMMA and may attend their meetings and events; call the office to learn more.
Lifestyle in our region
West Central Minnesota has so much to offer, including opportunities for rewarding careers while living close to family, friends and the natural amenities that draw so many to this region. Hear why more people are choosing to move to, come back, or stay in our region. (click logo)