Celebrating manufacturing in Minnesota - October 2022
Minnesota is once again celebrating October as Manufacturing Month. CMMA has built a strong month of activities and events with our partners, manufacturers, schools, and communities by exhibiting and marketing the opportunities in the high-tech world of modern manufacturing. Click the magazine to learn more. CMMA
When planning or marketing your own manufacturing events or activities on social media, please use "#MNManufacturingMonth" to make it easier for those interested to find your information.
Click the magazine below to browse events and information on the 2022 Central Minnesota Tour of Manufacturing.
How can I participate in Manufacturing Month?
- Manufacturers can offer in-person or virtual tours; reach out to local schools and offer presentations about manufacturing career pathways; sponsor school's VEX Robotics programs; or set up scholarships with local colleges.
- Schools can reach out to local manufacturers to request personalized tours for their teachers and students; ask local businesses for swag or materials to do manufacturing projects in their classrooms; and help students understand the successful career pathways available in manufacturing.
- Chambers and community leaders can recognize local manufacturers by highlighting their local companies and debunking manufacturing myths in their newspapers and on social media sites; have a luncheon for local manufacturer recognizing their contributions to the community; offer proclamation certificates to their local manufacturers.
Thank you to our 2022 Central Minnesota Manufacturing Month Sponsors
Southwest Initiative Foundation
St. Cloud State University
Chisago County HRA-EDA
Falcon National Bank
Kandiyohi County & City of Willmar EDC
Wright County Economic Development Partnership
Central Minnesota Tour of Manufacturing
Tour of Manufacturing
The month will include tours of area manufacturers and will feature both in-person and virtual tours. Tour of Manufacturing video
Learn how to host, register, attend, or sponsor a tour at: Minnesota Manufactured. For more information and details on Manufacturing Month, visit DEED's CareerForce.
Exploring Career in Manufacturing
October 20, 2022 • 1:30-2:30pm • Willmar CareerForce
Find our if manufacturing is right for you:
- Explore manufacture jobs and occupations in demand
- Match jobs to your experience, education, and interest
- Hear about jobs that require a high school diploma and no experience
- Great pay and good benefits
- Opportunities for advancement
- Get your questions answered.
Register by calling 320-979-1526 or email Susan.Welinski@state.mn.us
On-site Job Fair
October 20, 2022 • 10:00am-12:00am • Central Minnesota Jobs and Training Services, Inc. (CMJTS), Monticello
Employers and job seekers can contact Tim Zipoy at CMJTS for details.
Cool Jobs Tour - What Manufacturing Really Looks Like
October 27, 2022 • 4:00-7:30pm • Elk River, MN
Open to middle and high school students and their guardians, as well as community members.
Tour local manufacturers and see for yourself the variety of career opportunities, the pathway to building skills, and modern manufacturing. Choose two tours from: Elk River Machine Co., CDI or TimRon Precision Gear. The final tour starts at 6 pm at Metal Craft Machine & Engineering, Inc. Register
November 17, 2022 • 7:15-11:00am • St. Michael Albertville School
CMMA is excited to sponsor the 3rd annual central Minnesota CTE Jamboree. This is an effort to bridge the gap between education and the manufacturing industry as we build stronger career pathways by developing student training and apprenticeship opportunities through Career Technical Education (CTE) pathways for high school students. We invite school board members, superintendents, principals, counselors, CTE Teachers, manufacturers, and community leaders to hear about the thriving CTE initiatives in our state. The format will allow local manufacturers and educators to interact and vision programs to expand on the CTE focus that is taking place in education right now. Tours of will also be available. Information and registration.